Friday, February 9, 2018

Two For One...


Photo: © S. Banos

Oft has been the time when I've spent the entirety of the most beautiful of days imaginable: searching, begging, pleading for one, just one half way decent photo- how can one not come home with at least one small morsel of success from such a god send of a day!?

Well, if you're me- it's pretty damn easy, and pretty damn often- and all the hoping, wishing and a tryin' just don't add up to the smallest hill of beans. So...  ya suck it up, rub your dogs- and wait for the next day, and the day after that...

The other weekend after doing some long overdue housework, I managed to steal an afternoon hour for a short promenade and a stogie through the neighborhood. Coming upon a uniquely bedecked bus stop, I realized that if it had any chance, I'd need my 21mm equivalent on my X-T1, not the 28mm equivalent I had on my ever present GR. So I speed walked home, retrieved the X-T1, called and arranged for a model to meet there, and returned within the half hour- knowing full well that such second chance return trips are rarely successful in photodom- the light fails, the original subject matter has either changed (and not in a good way), or is completely absent. 

This time however, the gods smiled down and threw in the very complementary (and as it turned out, very necessary) human element; and on the way home- was serendipitously treated to the image below! Again, we're not talking Pulitzer Prize Winners, but the kinda images that'll keep me happy till then- the kind that should happen all the freakin' time...
 
Photo: © S. Banos

No comments:

Post a Comment