Monday, November 16, 2020

A New Home/A Compromised Life

Freedom First!
   


Having your own place when your twenty is an ideal situation of novelty, excitement and promise. Having your own place when turning senior, devoid of wife and pet is, at best, a compromised situation. One makes the best of what is left, or one devolves into the darkness. 

I concentrate on my avocation, continue to support myself and carry on the best I can, committed to enjoying what may yet still come in the years remaining. I still got a European vacation (maybe two) left, and while I don't at all mind that solo, alas, road trips are best shared with someone you enjoy.

5in Tall- kid U not!
I'm fairly taken with my micro studio apt- and ya gotta love that 'view' beyond the parking lot! Any way ya cut it, a vast improvement over the storage room with a sink I was previously holed up in. And having mastered the art of the Moka pot, I've finally learned how to make a seriously delicious cup of java! I actually go to bed thinking of the coffee I'm gonna make myself the next morning. It's such a wonderfully traditional and analog art that's become a very practical and suitable substitute for the tactile, meditative process of developing my own film... and tastes a helluva lot better too! I even get a kick outta hauling my bed outta the closet- less than 5 minutes to set up, less than 5 to disappear. Looks like I'll never have the patio I always dreamed of, but that dream always came along with a newspaper, and those too now belong well in the past...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment