Sunday, March 3, 2024

The Leg Bone's Connected To...

I have the noticeably bad habit of: taking a photo, getting excited, going back home, editing it, and then that night, if I have something to actually say that goes with it, posting it the very next day. The next day, I wake up and... Whoops! I didn't see a certain part of the photo the night before that really needs some attention, so I get about to fixing it, there done! And then the following day... aww shit- how did I miss that other part? And so it goes, as you perfect one problem spot, it demands you make better another...

And so here we are a full week later until I've finally got this down right! It's a backlit shot which always presents additional problems. That next day, I still had to deal with remaining tonal discrepancies in the mid and foreground- finally, good and done after three days. Then I noticed the sky area was good and fucked up, another coupla days trying to even that out- before realizing (and finally admitting) that it was too far gone to salvage... I would have to start all over! SHIT!!! So I did, and finally got it right after a coupla days incorporating what I now knew I had to do. Then I noticed the composition seemed a tad unbalanced- what the... that didn't seem a problem before!? I eventually came to realize I had to make the left hand side a bit darker, and that finally did the trick- one full week after the fact. It's still not the greatest shot, but at least it's properly edited. The End!*

*I f'n hope so.
ADDENDUM: Needed just a tad more work today (3/04).

No comments:

Post a Comment