Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Richard Bram- New York

 
Photos: Richard Bram

I've considered getting Richard Bram - New York for a while, it has two photos that I absolutely adore, am in complete awe of (each and every time I see them) and, quite frankly, am quite jealous of! For one thing, I know just how rare an animal it is to come upon them, these choreographed ensembles where everyone cooperates in timely, symmetric synch. And should you be so lucky, it's not uncommon that someone always either moves or disappears just as you're pressing the shutter- that is, if someone doesn't walk right in front and block everything. I'm just glad somebody got 'em- and you also get his now properly famous snow cone photo along with several other great shots; and although many of the other pictures included do not rise to that incredible level of excellence, to be honest... not many can. I always found the red hardcover featuring the photo above incredibly handsome, but what finally convinced me to buy- the triptych foldout featuring three photos that simply work absolute magic in tandem!

No comments:

Post a Comment