Thursday, September 13, 2018

On Dreams Deferred...


Had to shoot fast on this one and approximated controls w/o glasses; thought it doomed when I realized I had shot wide open @ 1/200 f2.8- but that GR 28mm(e) is a killer, and distance plus crop factor sensor provided depth of field! Photo: © Stan Banos 


Yeah, you know the routine; ya work all year looking forward to... The Big Vacay!!! And then, month after month, week after week, day after day... it-finally-arrives! And it's well over ninety degrees the first four days, and then nothing but a solid wall of rain predicted for the next whole week and then some....................

So went VACATION 2018, VACAY From HELL!!! Aborted prematurely due to reality (was gonna drive from DC to Texas via the South and Gulf environs) . So I'm trying not to let it get to me, trying to stay calm, trying to keep relatively sane telling myself I'll get to try again- this time with visions of Spring, 2019! A new year, a fresh start, a time to regain all that was lost, and more. Yeah, well...
 
Slowly but surely adding to my SQUARED series... Photo: © Stan Banos

Of course, I always try to find the proverbial silver lining in times likes these, and expound on the revelatory insight this minor glitch has provided, the opportunity it has bequeathed, the alternative path that is now made clear to me! And, when one thinks of it in those terms, the take away becomes clearer still- ya got screwed... yet again. Big Time!!!

Well, at the very least, I got to see old friends for an evening, visit with the moms, and The Wife finally got to visit The Mutter Museum. I got a coupla photos (literally), and bought a truly great book for less than twenty bucks.

That said, I wish everyone well in the path of Hurricane Florence- I hope the results are not anywhere near the utter destruction let loose on the entire island, and people, of Puerto Rico this time, last year...

Almost forgot this guy- whose advice I should learn to follow. Photo: © Stan Banos
 

No comments:

Post a Comment