Thursday, July 15, 2021

Oops- I Did It Again!

Photo: © Stan Banos
 
When Photoville announced they were having a National Parks Competition, I thought nothing of it. But then, when I discovered and realized that The Presidio at San Francisco was part of The National Park Service, and that the exhibition would be displayed at... The Presidio, itself- well, then I got mucho excited, because I had documented something truly unique to our National Parks, and 100% native to The Presidio, SF. What better opportunity to exhibit the Pet Cemetery photos- fourteen of which were taken right in their backyard?!? So, I allowed myself... to hope, yet again. Surprisingly, they allowed replies, so FWIW:


"Frankly, I find it astounding (actually, I could think of a few better terms) that you rejected photos of such character and caliber taken right here... at The Presidio... in San Francisco. Not only do they celebrate something that can be found at no other National Park, ANYWHERE- but what better way to celebrate and honor that uniqueness, than at the place of their origin... particularly since that site will NEVER be restored to its original state--- as we were promised and reassured around a decade ago!
 
I'm sure you'll have more than your fair share of photos depicting sunsets, scenics and happy faces; shame you couldn't recognize and acknowledge something of such truly unique: geographic, historic and humane character."
 
If not sincerely,
Stan Banos

No comments:

Post a Comment