Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Zine Time!

 

Photos: ©  Stan Banos

Was wondering if I could do anything with the small essay I did on The Commitment March of 8/28/2020- if only for presentation's sake. Not enough for a book, so... how about- a zine!? Hhmmm... If only Blurb provided such a service (if only for convenience's sake), since I was already familiar with their software. Why, yes- yes, they do!

And like their books, we're not talking premium reproductions here, as I've always said, Blurb is like the dummy for the book/publication you'd really like to have. But for... six bucks (20p incl 14 photos; pdf- $5)- can't complain all that much.

Oh, and FWIW- also got the notion to send a copy to the National Museum of African American History and Culture in DC. They've got quite an efficient online procedure for "Object Donations;" be honored if accepted, will just have to wait and see...




 
 
PS- Yes, I know- I really do need to clean the base on my monitor. What was it that Quentin Crisp used to say? Ah yes, "There is no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse."
PPS-  That International Orange colored mushroom type object is the type of rivet used on The Golden Gate Bridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment