Monday, February 7, 2022

A Little To The Left, No Right...

 

Photo: © Stan Banos

Now, just a wee bit closer/OK, maybe a step back! I wanted to catch this woman's head dead center in the opening between the trees on either side. I also wanted to position her smack in the middle of of the the arced construction midground. So I moved a tad this way and that trying to nail my perfectly imagined composition, and in so doing, rather (in)conveniently managed to discombobulate the remainder of the original composition. Sometimes ya can't make it all right just on your side of the equation no matter how you work it, particularly when confronted with an unwilling, uncooperative 'model.' In this case, compromise was the word, my imaginary stab at total symmetrical perfection was not in the cards.

Fortunately, I think the composition still has enough going for it as is, the light is gorgeous and maybe being slightly off balance even works in its favor- maybe it's not a Pulitzer, but it's a keeper...

No comments:

Post a Comment