Thursday, May 19, 2022

1... 2...

Last Sept I took a photo (with my X-T1) that turned out to be out of focus on close examination. Both of my X-T1 bodies had occasionally taken out of focus photos so it was just a matter of time before it occurred with a shot that was actually near and dear. When it finally did happen, I actively began searching for an X-T2, something I had been contemplating for some time to alleviate said problem. I didn't need increased burst or continuous focusing modes- just something to nail focus on a single shot in good light. That's not asking much these days. So I was more than happy with my LN X-T2 for $600. Confidence restored, focusing issue resolved...

 

The eye actually blinked (as did the camera).          Photo: © Stan Banos

So this past weekend I shot a very similar shot with my new and improved X-T2- a funny snapshot of some guy in a ridiculously weird costume; an easy-peasy, plenty of light and contrast, non action, full length portrait if ya will. And... BOOM!!! Every freaking bit as unfocused as with the X-T1; and once again, Focus Magic software somewhat rescued the image (at least for online viewing).

Get an X-T3 or X-T4, they really nailed the focusing issue, Stan. Uh-huh... If I wanted a body as big as, or bigger than a FF Sony- I would get a FF Sony! Well, just manually focus then and STFU! And that's exactly what I'd do, had I my younger eyes and patience. But I don't, and I wish I had something learned or clever to wind this up with, but I ain't got that either. Maybe Fuji just doesn't like silly ass costumes- but I'm waiting for the day when it's not just a funny snapshot, and instead, is one of those once in a lifetime portfolio highlights that will be little more than a blurred (and accursed) memory...

No comments:

Post a Comment