Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Top 3 (Non)Regrets In Life

1) Not getting a motorcycle in my youth- dead of a drunken joy ride within two weeks... guaranteed! Somehow, someway, I actually had just enough self awareness then to realize that fact- still give myself considerable credit for the light speed certainty of acknowledging that most basic reality, no questions asked. Reason for being #1, fairly obvious. 

2) Never enrolling in an Aikido dojo, always thought it the "intellectual martial art;" dug the way cool aesthetics of the B&W gets ups too. In fact, it's little more than a dance class where participants concentrate on practicing well rehearsed, choreographed counter moves, often in slow-mo, meant to subdue and make short work of your opponent- I fell for its subtle, less is more, turn their own power against them approach! Unfortunately, it's more WWE make believe than anything else- but don't take my word for it!   

3) Not getting a digital (pigment inkjet) printer- even if I had the room and money, it would have no doubt hastened the demise of my marriage considerably more efficiently than anything my already inherent failings would eventually unravel. What with: paper profiles, clogged inkjets, jammed paper, and software I would never quite master in a desperately futile attempt to make the print match the ideal screen image- all the while gushing wasted inks (worth more than their weight in gold) in the process... Oh, the wailing and gnashing of teeth would have rendered anyone within a twenty mile radius senseless!

No comments:

Post a Comment