Friday, October 6, 2023

Everyone Deserves Their Snoop...


Photo: © Stan Banos

It was a freakishly warm day as the temperature broke ninety in the city by the bay which somehow continues to defy the worldwide onslaught of manmade climate change, while slowly rotting from within. In a town where one must wear a light jacket no matter the time of day or month of the year, I felt as if the only man alive who savored a good evening's heat. Walking home from Henry Horenstein's presentation, I savored the night air walking about in a short sleeved button down shirt, stogie in hand. I remembered hot summer evenings in New York with friends, sitting on a park bench beer in hand- the entire city your living room. I remembered first moving to San Francisco, the promise of love and a new life. And although no longer young, in the warm night air, I remembered youth. Everyone deserves their snoop...

No comments:

Post a Comment