Monday, May 4, 2020

Hallelujah!


Photo: © Stan Banos

On... May Day, May Day 5/01/20, Year of Our Lord's Pandemic- I was one lucky SOB! I will never (ever), no matter how long I do this, get used to how one bounces about between drought and pure luck! Days, weeks, and sometimes even months with nothing to show for one's effort and travails, and then... BAM- luck hits ya straight upside the head! Today I walked past city hall just when a small caravan of (a dozen) protestors arrived protesting our current lock down. I got a decent shot, nothing all that, figured that would be it for the day, but kept walking. Went past the local Federal Building which in the past couple of years has ironically become one of the city's major meccas for: the homeless, addicts and mentally ill due to it's large open plaza and available places to sit and hang. On any given day, at any given hour one will most likely see something there they most likely won't forget- photo worthy or not. On some days it is literally Hollywood Zombie Movie worthy- and that's no lie.

Once there, you have two immediate choices to make- cut through the court yard, or follow the sidewalk. Friday, I cut through, nothing special, and right before I was to exit... BAM- that man takes a good long stretch, and I shot off three quick exposures. Had I gone the long route around, the scene from the front would probably not have been as good- and I wouldn't have gotten there in time to find out anyway! One lucky S-O-B...

'Course the flip side is all the times (no doubt the vast majority) when I take the wrong course at all the wrong times (ie- drought).

PS- Got another decent shot later that afternoon, so after this particular bit o' luck- let the drought begin anew...

5 comments:

  1. Your eternal optimism is such a refreshing breather from the constant barrage of negativity spewed by our news media. Keep on keeping on Stan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U R being sarcastic, correct?

    ReplyDelete