Friday, August 14, 2020

Weekend Laughs




One of the (few) things (or is it many- I forget) I can thank this lock down for is allowing me the time to discover Bill Burr. Whenever I saw him previously, I could only stomach a few seconds before I'd get impatient, and change the channel because god knows the last thing I need is yet... Another Angry White Guy Know It All! Besides, I already got my very (very) exclusive pantheon of favorite comedians, and that's one high security enclave virtually impossible to breach.

And then I started seeing these "reaction videos," 'the best' great thing on the inter tube since... "unboxing videos." And the really strange thing, there was a whole host of these reaction vids featuring Black folk watching him, and reacting most intensely- not in an "I'm gonna beat this White Devil to hell" manner, but in a laugh out loud, belly laugh intensity! Hhmmm...

So I set myself down to give the guy an honest shake... and damn, the guy is not only loud, and angry, and (almost) obnoxious- he can also be smart as a whip, insightful as hell, self demeaning (gotta be, to be a good 'un in my book) and yeah, laugh out loud, belly laugh fuckin' FUNNY! On just about anything he puts his mind to- and that doesn't take much, cause he just can't help it...

PS- Sometimes he does pop up or ground out, but pretty good stats overall...

No comments:

Post a Comment