Wednesday, March 10, 2021

More Than Just a Coupla Days...

 

Photo: © Stan Banos

I can't help but think that I've been exposed to Covid-19 on numerous occasions this past year in this city so replete with homelessness on the streets. And I've always made sure to take my daily constitutional- regardless. Been taking my vitamins, particularly the recommended D and had yet to experience any symptoms, nevertheless, I recently completed my second shot of Moderna (yeah, sounds like an art/architectural movement) last Tuesday. I had contemplated letting some time pass to see how things went as far as general public response to the vaccine(s), but when the opportunity presented itself through my job, I decided... what the hell. 

The evening of both shots I experienced what felt like a baseball bat to the shoulder; it was sore enough to awaken me every time I turned in bed. That dissipated by the next day, but by the following evening (of the 2nd shot) I experienced: headache, sore joints and fever serious enough to send me to bed. I slowly recovered the following day, though far from 100% (took a Sick Day), and went about my business until Sunday evening (a full five days later) when I once again experienced said symptoms- not quite as bad, but again, serious enough to be waylaid temporarily, yet again. That queasy feeling in the joints (the kind that warns ya you're just about to come down with the flu) continued to persist along with a morning headache for a good eight days before finally ridding myself of it all- hope your mileage varies...

No comments:

Post a Comment