Monday, June 21, 2021

Non-Instagrammed

 

Photo: ©  Stan Banos

I would sometimes rationalize that my work wasn't better known since I'm not on Instagram- let alone FB, Twitter, etc, etc... It was one thing (the only thing?) holding me back! At first, I couldn't join, even if I really wanted, since I didn't have a smart phone. Now that work supplied one, that was no longer a valid excuse. So I went to The Font of All Knowledge (aka- YouTube) to uhh... bone up on the ins and outs of said platform.

And the first thing, the very first thing mentioned on the road to potential Instagram immortality was to make sure that your photos weren't in landscape format since it was primarily a vertical, portrait platform. Translation: I'd simply be wasting my time posting 98% of my work. 

All of which got me severely depressed, right? Well, considering how lukewarm at best I was about the whole damn thing, I was quite relieved- giddy, actually, from all the unnecessary, extraneous work I was now eternally freed from! Particularly, when I saw that if you wanted to have any real chance of being noticed, you also had to post: personal and how-to videos, "story lines" and a whole shit load of other yada-yada extraneous bull shit... No-thank-you! 

I can now fully dispense this malformed fantasy with no regret... whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment