Tuesday, January 11, 2022

The Woodlands

 
Photo: © Stan Banos


Now, I've ambled past this stretch of piers quite a few times before, but never, never, never had I ever seen (errrr... noticed) that particular patch of old growth telephone poles! Telephone poles? What kind of dinosaur... who ever utters such a discontinued term of yore? Sounds downright nineteenth century, let alone twentieth. But these particular individuals are certainly the tallest darn specimens I ever did see!

Second thought was, this is a job for a view camera- yup, gotta straighten out all them verticals and what not! That thought in mind, I whipped out the ol' GR and set to explorin'. And if ya can't align things all prim and proper like, well... then throw the whole house asunder and see what ya get- and in this case, I think things settled out rather nicely! 

Yeah, I'm sure there are those that'll still whine and kvetch about the tilted horizon line (never mind the verticals), and to be sure, that little trick doesn't always save the day. But that composition is one beautifully dense amalgam of lines, shadows and geometric shapes up the gazoo! I just discombobulated 'em and made sense of the whole mess- minus the in house tilts and shifts. Thank you very much.

 PS- And speaking of telephone poles...

No comments:

Post a Comment