Monday, November 21, 2022

Good Riddance 2022!

How I felt early Fri-AM.          Photo: © S. Banos

As good as 2022 has been photographically, I coulda really done without this October and November. First, there was the plague of... bed bugs! Most likely courtesy of my next door neighbor who recently moved out- often were the times I wondered who could possibly survive in her place with the stench of rubbing alcohol seeping out into the hallway that would literally take my breath away in passing. Oh, that was a heaping, helping load full of fun- first the bites, then the denial, then more and more bites trying every which way to get rid of the damn things, and miserably, repeatedly failing. Fearing the very night itself, fearing for my own sanity... until I finally, finally concocted a working solution that mercifully worked and rid me of the little blood suckers (I refused to have everything I owned, including me, doused in pesticide). It's no small wonder that people have accidentally burned down their very homes trying in desperation to rid themselves of the evil little shits.

Then came... the health woes! Two trips to the ER, one in an ambulance, courtesy of a woefully inept health care service. If only life had bequeathed me such equal heights and peaks of absolute pleasure to match the severity of pain that so repeatedly savaged certain parts of my body. Last Friday (TMI Warning!), I was finally relieved of an appendage that was shoved into me with half a dozen thrusts that had me screaming bloody fucking murder each and every time (and that was far from the worst of it). I spent said morning just carelessly walking about practically giddy with joy just being able to do so, pain free and physically unencumbered. I even managed two keepers while doing so- and three the very next day! Not a bad antidote for vengeance and recovery.

And I would have been happy to leave it that... except that a good friend I've known since childhood just had the latest of a long series of his own health setbacks that have made mine look positively light hearted- and I don't say that casually. Hard to feel all upbeat and positive when someone you know has been dealt such harsh, repeated and life altering blows- accepting them without bitterness or complaint. Something I am well not accustomed to. I've just had periodic servings, some get the full course dealt them...

Post euphoric reality...     Photo: © S. Banos

No comments:

Post a Comment