Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Smile!

Happy Taco Tues... Thanksgiving!            Photo: © S. Banos

Don't know how many times I've said how I absolutely hate photos of people smiling and/or mugging for the camera, but every dog has its day and I just kinda like it for the silly snapshot that it is. It was taken on Halloween, the eve of my three week illness, and I had no idea that the thing that kept flopping on his head from side to side was supposed to be a taco, until I saw it on my monitor. But then, who knew Thanksgiving marked the beginning of the end of the dinosaurs?

That said...

Hope everyone reflects, takes stock and gives thanks in a life that is woefully short and made only shorter by all the things we humans purposely sabotage ourselves with: war, racism, greed... the whole sorry lot of human faults and frailties that plague the very nature of our being. And, not surprisingly, this holiday set aside to do just that has predictably mutated into one of gluttony and spending. Try as we might, the ideal somehow always devolves into the trivial, that realization being both the key for enlightenment, and the very basis for indoctrination, division and subjugation.

No comments:

Post a Comment