Thursday, September 1, 2016

It's All In B&W

Not many times I've said, "Look at those gorgeous B&W files!" Truth be told, I haven't seen a helluva lot in print form- how they should be judged in all fairness (or any image in any medium for that matter). But even these by Tomasz Tomaszewski stuck out in all their "miniature" jpg glory- and I guess the fact that they are beautifully composed sure doesn't hurt none. I could look at that picture with the pig every day for the rest of my life, and never cease to wonder in amazement...

Photo: © S. Banos

Anyway... nowhere, anywhere near that strata, this is my first digital B&W conversion that I can look upon with some measure of pride. Fact is, I would have left it well enough alone in color, save for the fact that the guy walking on the far left had a bright, day-glo green colored T-shirt that diverted all eyes from the foreground subject- not good. So I was forced to convert, and... not bad, not bad at all.*

Again, not planning on making a habit of it- this has been the one and only B&W conversion out of close to 100 color keepers thus far this year, but it's just plain interesting to note that sometimes (sometimes), a photo just won't be denied. 
*Blogger muddles contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment