Monday, May 7, 2018

For The Most Part...

 
A Bunch of Unposed People © Stan Banos

I like to think I'm a fairly competent photographer at most things: portraiture, street photography, landscape... In other words, I'm a generalist. Then there are those things, like artificial/studio lighting, that I don't necessarily excel at. I'd get considerably better if I simply bothered to practice its technical aspects; I just don't have the burning desire to do so.

But there is one thing, one thing I really, really suck at... REALLY! And that would be... group shots, as in photos in which you are required to individually pose a numerous amount of people. One person, no problemo- it might take me some time, but I'll figure it out. Increase the number (and sometimes even just by one) and the wires simply short out on cue! I mean, I may just get lucky- if I'm really, really... miraculously LUCKY! Otherwise, I'm absolutely clueless! It's both a compositional and human relations endeavor that I am just flat out useless in even contemplating, let alone executing. Fortunately, not being a pro- it's something I really don't have to worry about! And yet, every once in a great while, I feel like somehow the day of reckoning will no doubt arrive and the ugly truth will have out- exposed, humiliated and banished for being the group photo failure that I truly am...

No comments:

Post a Comment