Thursday, November 29, 2018

Post Holiday Musings...


 Yet, another repeated "holdout" I finally nabbed during recent holiday (and consequently sucked of all life by Blogger software)...  
Photo: © Stan Banos

In addition to taking a couple of snaps during the Thanksgiving holiday, I was finally able to catch up on a few things (the rain helped) and even had a bit o' leisure time to myself. As a kid, I a had  a fascination with slot cars (HO and 1/24 scale), I even built one of the latter from scratch, even though I didn't have the proper tools- didn't win any prizes for speed or looks, but it ran alright. Then in the '90s, I noticed they opened a major track right in Manhattan; tempted as I was, I never visited- did not want to risk yet another addiction (repeat or otherwise). Don't recall how I stumbled unto this video- but my, how things have, uh... "progressed." They were pretty freaking fast in my day, but this-is-plain-clear- Insane!!! 




Another childhood preoccupation I imbibed was my utter fascination with... tanks! Several of these online videos put out by The Tank Museum feature these rather curiously unique personalities leading the tour of their personal faves- all of which, in turn, have their... various and very distinct personalities. 




No comments:

Post a Comment