Sunday, July 14, 2019

2 For The Road


Photo: © Stan Banos

Pride Day in SF is a deservedly festive occasion- but smiling, happy faces are not exactly my primo subject matter. So what was I doing prowling about the thousands gathered to celebrate? Well, whenever you have that many people swirling about in a human maelstrom, you always have the possibility for sideline photo ops that result indirectly from any such event. But after an hour and a half of pounding the pavement shoulder to shoulder in cordoned off and fenced in streets that treat people like cattle, force foot traffic at intersections to the speed of hardening cement, and effectively reduce the space and freedom for those serendipitous photo ops to occur- I was wrapping it up, head bowed, when... I caught those bright streaks of surreal balloonery exiting. So I pretty much stalked balloon guy for a block and a half, hoping one of a half dozen shots would amount to something- and I'm pretty happy with the resulting shot. Even at 1/1,000 of a second, it's not as sharp as the 14mm (21 equivalent) Fujinon can actually deliver, but decent enough considering he was walking away at near light speed as I struggled to keep up and compose on the fly.

Head held considerably higher, I then caught Mr. Astronaut serenading the departing crowds on their homeward journey... 


Photo: © Stan Banos

No comments:

Post a Comment