Monday, August 26, 2019

All About The Green...

I grew up on Soul and Rock 'n Roll, I can appreciate Hip Hop just like I can appreciate most other music- but I dislike most of it, just like I dislike most Rock, current or otherwise.

I also hate football, not because it's violent, and damn dangerous to your head and general well being; shit, I grew up a rabid boxing fanboy. And I grew up loving it because of the man who transcended it. Ali was a hero, in the ring- outside of it. He was a hero not because of all the times he would so dramatically dig into that well of resilience to overcome whatever foe placed before him, but because of the challenges he himself raised and defeated outside the squared circle, challenges that ultimately robbed him of a good portion of his life and livelihood. And still he stood steadfast- even when, and especially when, the easier option was offered. 

Jay Z talks the talk, but walks it only when the road leads back to him. He doesn't serve a higher goal, though he's not afraid to play it...

No comments:

Post a Comment