Sunday, August 11, 2019

I Can't STOP...


Photo: Marion Post Wolcott

Looking at this photo (and it's been a good week now)! It's one magnificent beast of a photograph- talk about presence personified! Why this isn't in every historical photographic compilation and known the world over is well beyond me. Meticulous composition with subject matter that exude character from their every pore, it's an image that has already withstood and will forever defy the test of time. One certainly doesn't need color to bring this photo "to life." There's enough story line on that one street alone to launch: a novel, movie and a couple of Hollywood careers at the very least. It's every bit as real as real can get, and much as I absolutely love the damn thing- I sure as hell know that ain't no corner that I could ever hang so leisure like...

No comments:

Post a Comment