Friday, August 2, 2019

Still Life Study #1


Photo: © Stan Banos

Gotta admit, for a while there, I was a tad perplexed as to why no one paid any real attention to my series on leather fairs. And all the while, the answer was so embarrassingly obvious- as if staring me straight in the face... Any serious photo essay just isn't complete without one strong still life; it bespeaks a certain maturity, a dedication to craft, a commitment to subject matter. 

There's a pronounced sense of closure now, a confidence that I can finally kick back, garner the praise and await the inevitable (book) offers!

6 comments:

  1. For a minute there, I thought it was the 2nd Democratic debate in Detroit. Thanks for setting me straight on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, obviously not the first- much more diversity... at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric Rose reports:

    It certainly has a kind of Edward Weston f64 vibe. You could call it Dicks # 32. Your image exhibits great girth, depth and a certain unmatchable staying power only eclipsed by Ansel Adam's Moonrise photo.

    Your series has now come of age Stan. You can step back and be proud. Never again will people question why you took this mainly uncharted artistic path. The shear weight and immensity of these hanging dicks puts an exclamation mark at the end of your quest for artistic expression. Now if you could only have gotten them to giggle and vibrate in sync with the latest Beyance song and videoed it for FB, YT and IG you could be the latest 60 second viral sensation. You might even have gotten some attention from the Kardashians. Wealth and fame would be yours! I'm sure Kanye West would drool and want to ripoff your vibe.

    I think I want to buy one of those floppy dicks. I feel it would have much more impact if I waved that at ignorant drivers than just my middle finger. I mean really what says FU more than having a 14 inch veiny rubber penis shaken at you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking ahead, they also make great stocking stuffers- and stocking replacements... would look great over any fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This finally answers the perennial question, “How’s it hangin’?”

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking more... home defense.

    ReplyDelete