Wednesday, April 15, 2020

San Francisco Picture Postcard

Photo: © Stan Banos

I tend to a client w/disabilities on the other side of town 3X a week, and to get some exercise, I've been walking there, mixing up the route each day as I go. I've lived here 20 years now and didn't even know this place existed- could be wrong, but I don't think most native San Franciscans do either. So you can imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon Ina Coolbrith Park- in all its tiny glory, hidden atop a hill in (not so) plain sight. It basically consists of a couple of (very) short, winding walkways which dramatically lead unto a drop dead gorgeous view of the downtown skyline amidst a petite Garden of Eden- pretty freakin' surreal! San Francisco is such a uniquely beautiful city, least far as the US of A is concerned; pity that now flush in money, vast swaths of it have been allowed to degenerate into an open air toilet...

Think I'll escape there a few days, park myself on one of the (unoccupied) benches, and try to make some headway on American Witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment