Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Good News!

Seems like I've finally gotten that AHAA! moment I recently alluded to- that is, it looks like I've found a wonderful, loving home for my book collection! A place where they'll be appreciated and used to teach and inspire young people the way they have me! I'm talking about The Bronx Documentary Center- and why I didn't think of them before... beats me! I'm just glad they came to mind again upon seeing them listed recently while perusing Jay Simple's wonderful Photographer's Green Book. Asked them if they could use a few books, and they said... yes, yes, and yes!

Currently we are in negotiations for said collection- and by "negotiations," I mean exactly what I stated before- how to move approx one dozen 16 x 12 x 12 boxes of books from Pt. A (San Francisco, CA) to Pt. B (The Bronx, NY). Best would be to pack the whole lot* in an appropriately sized vehicle and drive them on their merry way, but we may have to settle on shipping them in dribs and drabs as their finances dictate, since shipping them all would be a minor fortune. Anyway, there's no time limit on this, so I'm looking forward to a successful resolution somehow, someway and making this happen sometime this new year. This really made my day and then some, knowing they'll be ultimately housed and secured for prosperity's sake...

 *I'm gonna (temporarily) keep a nifty fifty- man does not live on bread alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment