Sunday, December 20, 2020

Hope I'm Wrong...

Hope I'm dead wrong! But we're talking about a POTUS who has openly incited violence at his rallies, who has openly bragged that he has the unflinching support of "the tough people." And there have already been several acts of brutal violence where the perpetrators have invoked Trump's name in justification before, during or after their crimes of hate filled violence; a POTUS who lovingly speaks of the loyalty of his fan base who would faithfully stand by their man even if he shot someone on Fifth Ave. for no discernible reason. And he is... right!

And it's for those sound reasons alone that I truly fear we will have more than one incident where one or more of his truly crazed, heavily armed, conspiracy toting cultists will shoot and/or bomb their way into hate induced infamy. I fear it now, I fear it on the 20th, I fear it well into next year, and well after, as he continues to spew his vitriol and self serving propaganda from the sidelines. And I hope to god I'm wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment