Tuesday, January 2, 2024

The Ghosts of Xmas Past!

1/01/2024    Photo: © Stan Banos

Every year at this time I get anxious- how long till I take the first keeper of the year? It's ridiculous, I know since it'll happen... when it happens, always does. But this year in particular, since downtown San Francisco is not coming back anytime soon; it will remain a ghost town for the foreseeable future- not a good omen for anyone who shoots on the street. 

So I was rather surprised, to say the least, coming upon these gentlemen yesterday upon the end of my daily constitutional who were kind enough to oblige in allowing me my first people shot in quite some time- and my first official keeper of the year. Will make a helluva Xmas card too!

2 comments:

  1. San Francisco has become a VERY weird, scary place. It's one city I use to enjoy visiting. It had a romance about it plus being so photogenic it was fun bringing a camera. I'm sure the entire area isn't as bad as the media portrays it, but it seems most of the old "touristy" spots are havens for thieves.

    I don't think anyone has the answers that will bring SF back. So sad.

    I'm glad you got your first keeper of the year Stan! At least those guys don't have to be worried about pick-pockets!

    All the best to you in 2024!

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a native, those who are constantly remind that SF has always been a Boom or Bust town. Just hope it happens sooner rather than later- and best to you and all in this new year...

      Delete