Monday, August 12, 2024

The Thrill Of Victory, And The Agony Of Dafeet...

After watching the worst possible interpretive art performance of my lifetime under the auspices of the 2024 Olympic closing celebration and thinking nothing I could ever witness could possibly ever get worse, I was then treated to the worst excuse of a rock band- debilitatingly cringeworthy at my advanced age, or any age previous! Then, as if not punished enough, along comes none other than Tom Cruise desperately summoning all remaining testosterone to complete the closing night of dehumanizingly bad taste and error. Four years of healing will not suffice...

On a side note: When I first witnessed breakdancing in 1981, my first thought was- this should be an Olympic event! Forty three years later, it's a reality; and upon seeing this spectacularly failed interpretation of god only knows (which garnered a much earned zero points), I could only recall to mind this noble, heroic gesture of olde with a wistful fondness and respect... 

No comments:

Post a Comment