Monday, March 4, 2019

Life Framer- BS Supreme

Last year, as previously noted, I entered several competitions in my quest to get some work shown. Didn't win a damn thing, of course, but I did get this email out of the blue on 7/16/18 from Amaury Antoine, one of the co-founders of Life Framer saying that he likes my work and would like to feature it in their online gallery. I had entered a few of their competitions, came up empty handed each time, so this was a nice consolation prize.

As you can see below, he informs me it might take as long as a month- to which I reply, "No worries- and thanks again..." I figure even if it takes 2-3-4 months ... what the hell, still better than nothin'!

Meanwhile, every coupla months I get updates from the site of who's added- I ain't nowhere to be seen. And as 2019 rolls round, I've pretty much kissed it off.  But on 2/26/19, after I get the latest update (again w/o my name on it), the alarm bell goes off unexpectedly LOUD in my internal Enough IS Enough, Time To Call BullShit Alarm! I send him a Whassup email. Nothin'. On 2/27/19, I wave my arms again- Anyone home? Nothin' X2!

On 2/28/19, well over a half year later, I sent the email farthest down.* It's one thing not to be selected in a competition- ya deal with it. It's quite another thing altogether to have someone pop outta the ether, say they're gonna do something for ya, then crawl back into said ether without doing shit... That takes a special kind of lowlife asshole altogether.

Jul 16, 2018 at 8:33 AM

Dear Stan,
Long time no speak.... 

I think the photos of yours attached here: xxx  are fantastic and we would love to showcase it (you can upload up to 20 images).
I’d like to invite you to create a Life Framer Profile to display this series, which we can then share on our Collection and across our social media channels. The aim of this is not to replace or duplicate photographers’ online portfolio websites, but rather as an additional tool for each artist to celebrate individual series. All entrants can create their page themselves, and we feature our favourites on our Collection.
If you’d like to share your work in this way, please create your Profile (you can do this from your ‘my LF’ page and it should be self-explanatory, but just let me know if not). Once you have done so, please let me know and we will import it to the Collection too.
Best wishes,
Amaury


Jul 17, 2018 at 3:29 AM

Wonderful! I am a big fan of your work.
Someone from the team will get in touch with you when it goes live... it might take up to a month as we have quite few inclusion lined up ahead of us already.
 Best
 Amaury

Jul 17, 2018 at 10:38 AM
No worries- and thanks again...
Stan


Feb 28 at 9:26 AM*
I take it you're either comatose, being held captive by an international terrorist cell, or just plain brain dead. At this point, I'm leaning towards the latter, and... my condolences.

Otherwise, it would've been a rather simple matter to just man up, own it- and at least try to make right the situation.  

Pity.

No comments:

Post a Comment