Sunday, July 26, 2020

Reap What Ya Sew...

Photo: © Stan Banos

Thought the previous stitching glitches in my recent panoramics were due to my faulty photo technique in camera. But in this panoramic (which took several reshoots to get the light and perspective right), once again, I was applying my final, final edits when (Shit!) I noticed a couple of stitching glitches I just couldn't account for! That is, this time I could carefully compose and take as many frames as I wanted, so I'm left to assume that said imperfections are software errors. They occur in places that seem to defy logic (as if algorithms are necessarily logical) since they don't occur near the edge of any individual frames, but fortunately, they're minor enough not be immediately noticeable. And stay they will! Does it bother me- yes; enough to invest in updated stitching software (assuming it will alleviate said problem)? Tell ya what, since I currently don't have any plans on making a grand slew of these- random (and hopefully non fatal) anomalies it is! I'll just content myself with playing a version of panoramic Where's Waldo? Besides, minor randomness amidst a world of digital perfection is a good thing- that's my story, and I'm sticking to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment