Friday, July 10, 2020

Kiwanuka...

Back in the day I was somewhat up on music trends- but that all ended in the mid eighties. The end of Punk/New Wave, and the rise of Madonna (YIPES!), and... the birth of Rap/Hip Hop (all hail Public Enemy)- the cultural/generational tidal wave which started to expose my advancing years. And save for Nirvana, I couldn't get into Grunge, punk in plaid just didn't make sense to me; by the end of the nineties I was listening to Gregorian chants and Pygmy vocalizations set to a beat. Still am...

Now, not only do I not even know what the current musical trends are, I wouldn't even know where or how to access them. Occasionally (very), a few gems do happen to miraculously appear upon my doorstep, and these by Michael Kiwanuka most definitely qualify. The first is most definitely as rhythmic as it is timely and contemplative, the second a more bluesy and guitar oriented get down, and the third... an all out happy dance jubilation!





 




No comments:

Post a Comment