Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Anders

The guy is just so-damn-fuckin'-good! And yet, how come his name doesn't automatically come up in the same breath when one mentions master portrait photographers? It's more like... oh yeah, that guy! Perhaps because he doesn't take studio portraits, or maybe because his photographs go so far beyond mere portraits! Each a masterwork slice of life personified. And he's so damn prolific.

I look at all those incredible images hanging on the gallery walls, and it's truly humbling. Makes my meager stuff look so two dimensional and superficial; I suppose that's at least in part because the guy has such endless amounts of genuine empathy for his fellow man and the human condition. I like to think I have a fair amount of empathy- competing with equal amounts of aversion to and outright disdain of my fellow human beings...

No comments:

Post a Comment