Friday, July 22, 2022

66 And Counting...

Photo: © Stan Banos


At my age, I'm: not on any medication, weigh almost half an average American, and can outwalk most 30 yr. olds. So, at times my head can actually tend to unconsciously swell up a bit and think I'm all that- despite the fact that I've consciously seen far too many bits and pieces of me fall to the wayside these past few years... like the latest tooth, which after becoming infected, has to be extracted. The dentist first gave me a prescription for penicillin, and after the infection cleared, the tooth would be pulled. One of the possible side effects was diarrhea, and sure enough, I met it head on and dealt with it for a good week. I took the photo above on a drop dead gorgeous Sunday afternoon and on the way home started to feel some cramps in the area of my small intestines (or so I'm guessing). They became progressively more severe, and by late evening they felt like a Gurkha was fiercely stabbing his was through my lower midsection- and then the 
diarrhea really hit! Excruciating pain followed by a fierce run to the john every twenty minutes like clockwork- the whole entire evening into daylight next day.

Sleep deprived, severely dehydrated and still throbbing in pain, I contemplated dialing 911 for an ambulance to the ER that morning. Never been in one in my life. But an ambulance for... diarrhea? Ridiculous. So, got dressed, walked out the door and was too weak to make it halfway down the hall; 911 it was. They arrive at the door, and I'm so exhausted, I can't answer all their questions (like I did on the phone) as to why I called for an ambulance. And I see them looking at me like- you need an ambulance for... diarrhea?

Far as I know, I'm covered for the ambulance ride- but somehow, I fully expect a notice any day now that says, well, not exactly... And still got an infected tooth to deal with, that's a tad more swelled than my head at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you're feeling better, old friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back at ya guy- Good Luck on your new lease on life!

    ReplyDelete