Wednesday, August 17, 2022

$4,522.47

No, not what I spent on a used Leica Q2, god forbid- the cost of my recent ambulance ride to the ER! Fortunately, I only have to pay $50 out of that $4,522.47- and I called to make absolutely certain, cause I certainly don't want any monetary surprises at this point that'll send me on yet another trip to the ER. I had long ago checked about ambulance rides on my health plan, but there's always those small yearly changes and adjustments (wink, wink), the (very) fine print, the myriad of untold ways they can still totally screw you over because... they can!

BTW- Mentioned my recent episode of ill health and humiliation to a childhood friend and he recounted how an acquaintance who had also suffered severe dehydration due to very similar circumstances never made that call and is now resting peacefully nonetheless, permanently.

No comments:

Post a Comment