Thursday, October 5, 2017

Past/Present/Future

Aqua Man; Ricoh GR ISO 400- 1/100 f7.1; Photo: © S. Banos

There'll probably be a time comin' when I start jonesin' for some good ol' monochrome film and thumb lever action- it's a beautiful thang. But right now, still having too much fun with this new age pixel dust... Sometimes, I'm literally, flat out gobsmacked by the results inherent in a package basically the size of a cigarette pack! Interesting times we live in. 

And then I start dreaming- what will the imaging devices of say... 2080 be capable of achieving? I'm almost tempted to reincarnate just to find out- just not on this planet.

2 comments:

  1. I pretty much have to force myself to shoot film. Once I get going I enjoy it, but it's just so easy to shoot digi. And the quality is stunning. It's kind of like driving. It would be cool to drive a vintage car around the block a couple of times but you sure wouldn't want to drive it across country or on the freeway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fairly good analogy...

    I LOVE shooting it! I HATE spending ALL the additional time in post...

    ReplyDelete